NEWS & EVENTS
Workforce Development Part 2: Making The Connection Through Integrated Behavioral Health Workflows
SAMHSA-HRSA CENTER FOR INTEGRATED HEALTH SOLUTIONS
Training behavioral health providers on integrated care workflows is important to effectively delivering high quality and efficient whole person care. This webinar will pick up where Part I (recruitment and retention) left off. Once staff are selected, workflow planning incorporates health center/primary care setting integration procedures and protocols, evidence-based integrated care practices such as motivational interviewing and effective collaboration.
- Virna Little, PsyD, LCSW-R, SAP, Associate Director of Strategic Planning, Center for Innovation in Mental Health at City University of New York
- Jonathan Muther, PhD, Director of Behavioral Health and Psychology, Salud Family Health Centers, Colorado
During this webinar, participants will learn to:
- Recognize the role of behavioral health providers as leaders and key agents in working with other disciplines.
- Examine methods for involving new staff in continuous quality, improvement cycles and monitoring
- Identify commonly used protocols and procedures for effective and efficient clinic workflows while also avoiding provider burnout.
- Map workflow processes to support key evidence-based practices such as motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioral therapies.
- Registration is free and closed captioning is available upon request.
- The audio for this webcast is via computer speakers and not telephone. We recommend using external speakers for desktop computers to ensure best audio quality.
- The SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions does not provide certificates of attendance or continuing education credits for webinar attendance.
Did you miss Part 1 of this series: Workforce: Recruitment and Retention of Behavioral Health Providers? Find the webinar recording and slides on the CIHS website here.
Date(s) - Jan 31, 2018
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
3 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers NY 10701