NEWS & EVENTS
American Lung Association’s Asthma Educator Institute
The Hudson Valley Asthma Coalition will be conducting the American Lung Association’s Asthma Educator Institute™ 2-day course on November 14-15, 2019 | 8am-4:30pm to prepare qualified health professionals to sit for the National Asthma Educator Certification Board (NAECB) examination. The course will be at New York Medical College in Valhalla.
COURSE OBJECTIVES & AGENDA
The overall course objectives are:
- To prepare participants to provide NHLBI and NAEPP guideline directed asthma care to patients, families and health care providers across all settings.
- To identify the various roles of the asthma educator.
- To help prepare participants to pass the National Asthma Educator Certification Board exam.
- To network with health care providers/educators and organizations surrounding asthma care and asthma care policies.
The scheduled topics for the seminar are as follows:
- Education Principles for a Partnership in Asthma Care
- Asthma Overview
- Factors Contributing to Asthma Exacerbations
- Barriers to Adherence & Compliance: Behavioral, Cultural & Other Challenges
- Asthma Medicine Devices & Demonstration
- Pharmacological Therapy
- Patient and Family Assessment
- Asthma Action Plan: Management Plan Development
- Your Role As an Asthma Educator: Professional Issues/ Professional Practices
- NAECB Exam Preparation
Pre-registration is required. Please respond to this announcement at your earliest convenience. Spaces are limited.
Attendance at the course requires that you follow up and take the national asthma educator certification exam.
The course is $300 and the national exam is $350. Scholarships for both are available.
Email me at Jacqueline.Rubino@Lung.org to register.
3 Executive Boulevard
Yonkers NY 10701